- Devs getting root or administrator rights on production machines.
- No control over application deployment.
- Moving to "the cloud".
- "Shoot from the hip" administration - where things are always changing.
- Configuration management tooling.
- Automate all the things!
What they should be hearing:
- Getting to know your developers and other business folk.
- Understanding the whole system, not just your little corner of the world.
- Sharing ideas internally and externally.
- Automate the pain in the whole system.
- Change process to improve the flow from the business out to the customer.
Another great resource is the latest Arrested DevOps podcast about DevOps mythbusting.Want more great reading? Check out my reading list!