- Devs getting root or administrator rights on production machines.
- No control over application deployment.
- Moving to “the cloud”.
- “Shoot from the hip” administration - where things are always changing.
- Configuration management tooling.
- Automate all the things!
What they should be hearing:
- Getting to know your developers and other business folk.
- Understanding the whole system, not just your little corner of the world.
- Sharing ideas internally and externally.
- Automate the pain in the whole system.
- Change process to improve the flow from the business out to the customer.
Another great resource is the latest Arrested DevOps podcast about DevOps mythbusting.